In this video, I’m breaking down the step-by-step process of how to write the best cover letter. You can download the template – along with many other free job search resources by clicking here.
Read this post for a step-by-step screenshot tutorial of how to find who your cover letter should be made out to.
How to Write the Best Cover Letter – 9 Practical Tips
- Your cover letter should be at max one page long
- You should always have a consistent header with your resume – personal branding and consistent first impressions matter!
- You should have a hiring manager’s name instead of ‘Dear Hiring Manager’ or ‘To Whom It May Concern’ – read this article for a step-by-step screenshot tutorial on how to find who to address a cover letter out to in less than 3 minutes!
- You should always start with the audience in mind instead of just talking about you
- You should have a clear hook of what excites you about the company’s mission, product, service, etc.
- You should share what your overall summary is and what you bring to the table
- You should have 3 critical requirements that you can demonstrate how you can contribute immediately
- You should demonstrate how you meet these qualifications by using the T-Cover letter format
- You should have a closing that summarizes what your strengths/skills can bring in this role you’re applying to.
Watch the video to learn more!
Join the FREE online training to discover how to:
BECOME THE TOP 1% OF JOBSEEKERS
AND LAND YOUR DREAM JOB THIS QUARTER!